Frances 101 Independent Study
Intro Project to-dos…
1. Syllabus - Make a plan. Have parents, administrators, counselor and parents sign…
2. Put a portfolio together. Portfolio intro, signed syllabus, numbers, cover decorations (you will need to rewrite some of the documents that are in Spanish)
3. How do you learn another language? What number is French in the world? How many speakers? Where do they speak French in the world?
4. Research the library… what resources to they have? Dictionaries? Cookbooks? Videos? Make a list of these recourses…
5. Research who in your world speaks French. – Exchange students, parents, family friends, etc.
6. Alphabet – Arte projects…. Make large French alphabet to add to my alphabets
7. Classroom Objects
8. Quality Posters
9. How do you say ___________? poster
10. Intro Collage – My name is…, my favorite food is…, my favorite activity is…., my ideal profession is….
11. Me, myself and I presentation – je, Moi et moi-même , la presentation.
12. Useful phrases in French – Poster
13. Introductions – Hi, my name is… How are you?… What is your phone number?…
14. Survey of useful internet sites - Make a list for our recourse box…
15. Basic French History -
16. List of French Holidays – Brief description and dates… make people cards or French food and deliver to celebrate…
17. Cognates vs. False Cognates
18. Survey of French Music – Pandora.com Make a CD for your classmates to remember your experience… Make a music video to one.
19. Survey of French Art –
20. Project for the betterment of the world – Senior project? What do you love? Why is it important? How can you share that with the world?
21. French pen pal –
22. Cook – research food and cook together. No nuts.
23. Professor petit – The best way to learn something is to teach it. Write lesson plans and teach little kids French.
24. Online videos… Ma Frances – 24 episodes - http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/french/mafrance/
25. BBC Language Pages http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/french/
26. MBHS Library French DVD’s
27. Movies in French – Serendipity, Ratatouille,
28. Translate from English to French…. http://translation2.paralink.com/ Then click the Speaker button and listen to the weird computer person say it in French… http://text-to-speech.imtranslator.net/speech.asp
Midterm = Puppet show, portfolio, self evaluation
Final Examen = Music Video, portfolio, self evaluation
French steps http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/french/lj/
Talk French http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/french/talk/
Quick lessons http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/french/mafrance/podcast/
Ma France (advanced) http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/french/mafrance/
French experience http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/french/experience/
French TV http://www.tf1.fr/
Translate something to French and hear it being spoken: http://translation2.paralink.com