Our Mission: The Mount Baker School District, working with the community, will provide all students a strong educational foundation upon which they can build their futures as productive citizens of our changing world.
Mount Baker's strategic planning is based upon a vision of the outcomes we want for every Mount Baker student.
Every Mount Baker School District Student will:
- Acquire the academic basics of reading, writing, and mathematics;
- Develop a well-rounded background in other core subjects including, but not limited to, the arts, social studies, science, physical education, foreign language, vocational-technical areas, and basic life skills;
- Be able to think critically and creatively, solve problems, and will communicate effectively;
- Learn to work effectively as individuals and as group members, and develop self-confidence, self-discipline, and respect for others;
- Recognize the contributions of a wide variety of individuals, groups, and cultures;
- Demonstrate civic responsibility; and
- Be prepared to pursue their selected field of study or work following high school graduation.