Mount Baker School Board of Directors
Your Mount Baker School Board of Directors is composed of five District citizens elected by District voters for four-year terms. Board members serve in an unpaid, voluntary capacity. Although directors are elected to specific areas, they collectively represent the entire district.
Board authority is established by the Washington State legislature. Your Board acts under the direction and restrictions of the law. The Board’s legal responsibilities are to:
- Establish general policy for the school system;
- Employ school personnel upon recommendation of the superintendent;
- Adopt and revise the annual operating budget;
- Inform the public of the needs and progress of the educational system;
- Exercise the legislative powers conferred or implied by the legislature in administering school functions;
- Select the superintendent of schools.
Regular meetings are held at 6:00 PM on the second Thursday and 8:30 AM on the fourth Thursday in the District Office unless otherwise noted
Meetings are open to the public; the public is invited and encouraged to attend Board meetings.
Minutes of every School Board Meeting are posted on our website.