About the Mount Baker Academy (MBA)
Educational Options Can Foster Powerful Learning Experiences
The Mount Baker Academy is a K-8 Alternative Learning Program designed to support home educators. We operate as an alternative school under Alternative Learning Experience Requirements (WAC 392-121-182).
While recognizing parents as primary educators, MBA offers a variety of educational options including on-site classes, teacher consultation, academic assessment, curriculum and materials, and a supportive community of fellow home educators. At MBA, we understand that alternative learning programs are a beneficial option to traditional public schools.
At the MBA, we understand that alternative learning programs are a beneficial option to traditional public schools.
MBA offers technical support in the form of:
- Planning a year of instruction
- Year long student/parent consultation
- Assessing student progress
- Evaluating and selecting curriculum
- Teaching methods and best practices
- Access to a library of curriculum and resources