ESPAÑOL 3 y 4
Are you struggling with Spanish? Here are some helpful hints:
- Study at least 10 minutes each day!
- Keep a fresh list of vocabulary words in your pocket to review when you are sitting on the bus, waiting in line in the cafeteria, or just don't have anything to do. (You may want to buy a small notebook to put in your pocket and get into the habit of keeping it with you at all times).
- Check outPaso a Paso online at http://www.pasoapaso.com.
- Check outPaso a paso videos from our library at MBHS.
- Check out a computer CD ROMPaso a paso student tutorial from the MBHS Library.
- Our library also has a number of books and magazines you can check out and read. To see a list of titles, check out Spanish Library Resources at MBHS or ask our librarian for help.
- See if http://www.dictionary.com would be useful.
- Need to use a Spanish dictionary? Did you know you can check one out from the MBHS Library?
- Check out the Deming Library. You can look at them by visiting www.wcls.ort You can also visit them to work on homework, check out books or CD ROM's about learning English, or look for other resources.
- Go to after school homework help as often as you can. (Be sure to get a note signed by the teacher saying what you worked on so you can get extra credit from Mr. Johnson.)
- Talk with yourmaestro o maestra regularly.
Look for extra credit opportunities outside of class. There are a lot of things that you can get extra credit for if you show me evidence that you actually did it. Be creative. Here are a couple of ideas to get you started (puntos extras):
- Investigación de día de los santos.
- Proyecto de arte… retrato grande/mural.
- Orgami – hay un libro en la biblioteca.
- Algo para Nacional Hispanic Heritage week.
- Inventa un libro para maestros de la primaria que contiene juegos/actividades/ listas de vocabulario y su pronunciación. Números 0-50, días de la semana, colores, basic classroom instructions, list of things in ingles/español/ruso. Present this to a elementary teacher (lets conference. I will help you).
- Internet site w/ history/ pictures of a major holiday that is on www.mtbaker.wednet.edu/worldlang.
- Investigación de la icono de la Virgen de Guadalupe.
- Video – Programa de cocinar, Cribs, etc.
- Enseña a alguien español – padres, hermanos menores, etc.
- Label everything in your house.
- Cookbook with different recipes you have cooked for your family.
- Lee un libro en español… MBHS biblioteca pregunta a mi o a Señora Ross.
- Busca a un “penpal” de otro país.
- Check out a Mexican Cookbook from MBHS library and make your family a meal.
- Watch Univision or another TV program in Spanish.