Inclement Weather Information
Inclement Weather Updates
To find out the status of your school during Inclement Weather, you can use:
- Inclement Weather Line (360) 383-2070
- MBSD FlashAlert - sign up for direct emails and/or download the mobile app.
- MBSD Thrillshare Alerts - robocalls and emails will be sent if there is a district-wide remote day or a cancellation of school.
- MBSD Website & Mobile App - push notifications (through the app) and the website's Live Feed will also be updated regarding any inclement weather information.
Inclement Weather, Bus Snow Routes, and School Closure Information
If there is inclement weather without substantial power outages, we will conduct school remotely and students will be expected to attend. If there is inclement weather with substantial power outages, school will be cancelled. There will be no late starts for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year, but we may need to implement Bus Snow Routes. Please remember:
- Buses may be running late due to road conditions.
- Due to adverse conditions and for their personal safety, please have your student stand as far back from the edge of the road, prior to the bus stopping.
- The bus cannot stop on inclines.
Hazardous weather, floods, or unexpected emergencies may force changes in bus transportation schedules and pick-up/drop-off points for Mount Baker Students. Thrillshare (automated communication system) will be implemented along with FlashAlert Broadcasting System to communicate with the following local broadcasting stations: KGMI 790, KISM 92.9, KAFE 104.1 KPUG 1170 and KBAI 930, KWPZ106.5, KZAZ 91.7, KCPQ 13 TV, KOMO 4 TV, KING 5 TV, KONG 6 TV, KIRO 7 TV. To sign up for direct emails and/or to download the FlashAlert Messenger App (for iPhone or Android), please visit MBSD FlashAlert. Information is announced only when there is a closure or schedule change. Inclement weather information will also be posted to the MBSD Website and Mobile App.
Will the bus routes change?
For students living in certain areas, their pick up and drop off stops may change. Some areas in the district are difficult for school buses to maneuver when there is ice and snow on the road. Children who live in these areas may need to catch their bus at an alternate location; these are called Bus Snow Routes.
How will I know or remember that I live on a Snow Route?
Find out ahead of time by checking the Bus Snow Routes schedule. Talk to your bus driver before it snows. If you have a transportation question or concern (other than, "is the bus running on schedule?"), please call the Transportation Office at (360) 383-2060.