SEBB Employee Benefits
SEBB Website - information on your benefits.
SEBB My Account - enroll in medical/dental/vision coverage and add your dependents.
SEBB Appeals Process
Please take a moment to read the following; we just received this message from SEBB regarding APPEALS - we do request that you do as much research as you can prior to submitting an APPEAL and please know that we will do our best to inform you about and accommodate your request.
Send SEBB appeals to your payroll or benefits office:
- Starting March 1, 2020, most appeals about your School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) Program eligibility or enrollment should go to your payroll or benefits office. You can learn more about when and how to request a review or file an appeal on the SEBB Appeals webpage and the SEBB Employee Request for Review/Notice of Appeal Form.
- You can confirm your current SEBB coverage by checking your Statement of Insurance, found under the Coverage summary tab in SEBB My Account.
- If you submit an appeal directly to the Health Care Authority (HCA) on or after March 1, 2020, you will be sent a letter explaining that your request should first be sent to your employer’s payroll or benefits office for their action. You can read the Health Care Authority’s Announcement for more information.
What if I already filed an appeal?
- If you have already filed an appeal with HCA, you do not need to file another appeal with your payroll or benefits office.
- If your appeal is postmarked or received by HCA on or before February 29, you will be sent a letter with:
- Notification that your appeal was approved; OR
- Information about next steps in the appeals process
Enrollment Information for 2019-2020
Hello Mount Baker Employees,
Most of you are likely aware that the State is mandating that all staff move to the School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) starting January 1, 2020.
The District also did realize there is not a premium increase for the current health,dental, or vision plans that are in effect through December 31, 2019.
Given these two (2) aspects around health coverage:
October - December 2019 Coverage:
- The District based upon the advice or our insurance broker is not conducting a benefits fair this year.
- The District is offering staff the opportunity to change plans (for October - December).
Open Enrollment is from September 10, 2019 - September 19, 2019:
- You may reference the 2018/2019 Benefit guides for the plans currently available.
- If you do not plan to change plans, no additional action is necessary.
- If you would like to change plans, please contact Gitana, Pam, or Ben and we can assist you.
SEBB Initial Information:
- In general, if you work more than 630-hours, you will be eligible for health insurance and will be treated as a full-time employee as far as SEBB is concerned.
- A SEBB benefits fair is being offered September 30, 2019 at Bellingham Technical College, Settlemyer Hall (3028 Lindbergh Ave) from 4:00 - 8:00 pm.
- Open Enrollment for the SEBB Benefits are from October 1, 2019 - November 15, 2019.
- We will continue to provide you with information and will set up a location on our website with information once we have a good understanding of SEBB offerings, process, etc.
- As a reminder, please ensure your physical address form is back to me by next Tuesday (the 3rd). We apologize for the urgency but SEBB is expecting these addresses for provider purposes by no later than September 10th, 2019.