Discover the Joys of Parenting.
Learn effective and practical parenting strategies that you can use today.
The Parenting Academy, in partnership with the Mount Baker School District, is excited to offer the following Parenting Academy seminar series. These 60-minute sessions will be held virtually over Zoom, and led by trained and accredited Parenting Coaches. Participants can register for one or more topics.
These seminars are well-timed as students are transitioning into hybrid schooling, and as parents, teachers, and caregivers are navigating the challenges of these challenging times. Please join us for one or all of the seminars in this series.
- Coping with Stress: Learn techniques to manage day-to-day stress to help you stay calm and consistently apply positive parenting strategies.
- Wednesday Nov. 18th | 6-7 PM | Meeting Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/93977572735
- Parenting in the Digital Age: Remember when the only '“screen time” was TV? Take away practical tips for navigating the ever-changing landscape of media and technology.
- Wednesday Dec. 2nd | 6-7 PM | Meeting Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/99873403250
- Raising Resilient Children: Learn techniques and tools to help your child and/or teen overcome adversity, maintain a growth mindset, and adapt to any changes or challenges.
- Wednesday Dec. 9th | 6-7 PM | Meeting Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/99950915251
To register, contact your school counselor or family service coordinator:
- Kate Davies, FSC at Harmony/ELC | email@example.com | (360) 617-4303
- Lauren Oswald, FSC at Acme/MBJH/MBHS | firstname.lastname@example.org | (360) 617-4511
- Maryann Welch, FSC at Kendall | email@example.com | (360) 617-4406
- Robert Bennett, MBJH Counselor | firstname.lastname@example.org | (360) 383-2015
- Meg Lee, MBHS Counselor, Last Names A-K| email@example.com | (360) 383-2015
- Toby Marston, MBHS Counselor, Last Names L-Z | firstname.lastname@example.org | (360) 383-2015
Contact the Student Services Office at (360) 383-2012 for additional support with registration or accommodations.