Assaults or Fights
For any Assaults or fights on a school campus or at school-sponsored activities, proceed with the following steps:
- Send for help;
- Approach the situation with caution and with another adult, if possible;
- Identify yourself verbally in a loud voice;
- Demand combatants to separate in a loud voice;
- Separate combatants if possible and if safe to do so;
- Identify witness(es) to the assault;
- Remove one of the students from the area;
- Notify school administration.
Not in Progress (after the assault):
- Accompany the combatants to a safe place and separate them;
- Remain with combatants;
- Notify building administration.
- Provide first-aid if necessary;
- Investigate situation through eyewitness accounts;
- Assign disciplinary sanctions;
- Notify parents/guardians;
- Notify police if appropriate.
Contact the District Office at (360) 383-2000. Support will be provided and will also handle initial communication with the news media. Refer all calls from the news media to the Superintendent or his designee. All news releases will come from the central office. The Superintendent or designee will be the spokesperson.
In Case of Emergency . . . Dial 911