Fire or Explosion Emergency
1. Sound fire alarm.
2. Initiate regular fire drill procedures:
- Move students through designated route to assigned outside area as posted in classroom and throughout the school.
- Maintain control of students at a safe distance from building and fire/explosion.
- Do not return to school until given clearance from an administrator or designee.
3. School administration will check the building to see that all are evacuated and establish a command center (safe place, etc., if needed.)
4. Custodial staff will assist fire department personnel.
Contact the District Office at (360) 383-2000. Support will be provided and will also handle initial communication with the news media. Refer all calls from the news media to the Superintendent or his designee. All news releases will come from the central office. The Superintendent or designee will be the spokesperson.
In Case of Emergency . . . Dial 911