1. Principal or designee will investigate to validate report and assess the situation.
2. Principal or designee will:
- Call police at 911.
3. The Principal will:
- Isolate students by controlled evacuation of lockdown of the building. Do not attempt anything that could escalate the situation.
- Contact hostage's parent(s) or guardian(s).
- Wait for police to arrive and contact Superintendent's office at x4600.
- Have a designated person communicate the known facts to the police.
- Determine if any staff member has a close relationship with the hostage taker.
- Have evacuated students walk to an alternative building site if necessary.
- Have a plan in place to communicate and work with parents as soon as they arrive. This could include an information table set up in a safe area.
Contact the District Office at (360) 383-2000. Support will be provided and will also handle initial communication with the news media. Refer all calls from the news media to the Superintendent or his designee. All news releases will come from the central office. The Superintendent or designee will be the spokesperson.
In Case of Emergency . . . Dial 911