Missing, Runaway, or Kidnapped Children

1. Contact building administration immediately.

2. Contact the Superintendent at the District Office, (360) 383-2000.

3. Building administration or designee will:

  • Check school records/locator card for legal custody.
  • Notify parents/guardian and/or police immediately. School officials should encourage parents to contact law enforcement to file a runaway report if suspected.
  • Document any information or facts surrounding the incident such as when and where the student was last seen, description of clothing, participation in after-school activities, names of friends, etc. Contact District Transportation office.
  • If the student is on probation, the school should contact court services, the probation office or police department.
  • Identify and locate close friends.
  • Help parents and close friends cope with a runaway/lost or kidnapped child situation by connecting them with the school counselor.
  • If you suspect a kidnap situation:

~ Call law enforcement immediately.

~ Note any circumstances which have been observed, such as vehicle, license numbers, description of person(s), etc.

Contact the District Office at (360) 383-2000. Support will be provided and will also handle initial communication with the news media. Refer all calls from the news media to the Superintendent or his designee. All news releases will come from the central office. The Superintendent or designee will be the spokesperson.

In Case of Emergency . . . Dial 911