The Strengthening Families Program is coming to Mount Baker School District!
For Parents/Caregivers and Youth aged 10-14 years
Mondays, April 17 through May 22
5:45 - 8:15 PM
at Harmony Elementary, 5060 Sand Road, Bellingham, WA 98226
This program is FREE!! Dinner will be served to your family & there will be supervised activities for children under 10 years.
Find the registration link and more information on the WSU Strengthening Families Program website: https://extension.wsu.edu/whatcom/fch/sfp/.
The program is limited to 15 families, so sign up today!
Families will learn ways to make the most of the teen years:
- Have fun playing together
- Solve problems together
- Discuss what makes your family strong
- Strengthen family communication
Parents/Caregivers will learn:
- What to expect from their adolescent children
- Over a dozen tools for effectively parenting teens
- How to set limits and show love
- How to resist peer pressure
- How to handle angry feelings and manage stress
- How to choose positive friends
Mount Baker School Disclaimer: The district does not sponsor or endorse this event/information and the district assumes no responsibility for it. In consideration of the privilege to distribute materials, the Mount Baker School District will be held harmless from any cause of action filed in any court or administrative tribunal arising out of the distribution of these materials, including costs, attorney’s fees and judgments or awards.