Wildbird Weekend Food Backpack Program
Mount Baker School District is partnering with Wildbird Charity to offer a weekend food backpack program to students at Harmony, Acme, and Kendall Elementary.
The backpack program will provide a bag full of kid-friendly food for your child to take home and eat over the weekend. Food bags will contain nutritious kid-friendly food that requires little or no preparation.
If you are interested in your child/ren participating in a weekend food backpack program this school year, please contact your child’s Family Services Coordinator.
Mount Baker School District Holiday Assistance Program
Applications are now being accepted for the Mount Baker School District Holiday Assistance Program:
- All forms must be completed by November 7, 2022
- Preference for programs will be given to families who complete the form early
- We will make every effort to find assistance for your family, but there are no guarantees. We will contact you if we are able to connect your family with an agency or group offering assistance.
If you are interested in signing your family up for holiday assistance this year or would like more information about the program contact your school’s Family Service Coordinator.
Family Service Coordinators:
Kate Davies, FSC Harmony/ERC Preschool
360-617-4303 (office), 360-746-4504 (text)
Sierra Gonzales, FSC Kendall
360-617-4406 (office), 360-383-8062 (text)
Christina Ortiz, FSC District Wide Support
360-617-4511 (office), 360-746-4549 (text)
Interfaith Winter Coat Drive
WINTER COAT DISTRIBUTIONS:
United Church of Ferndale
2034 Washington Street, Ferndale
Thursday, Oct. 13 @ 9 AM - 12 PM
Friday, Oct. 14 @ 3 PM - 6 PM
Bellingham Food Bank
1824 Ellis Street, Bellingham
Wednesday, Oct. 19 @ 2 PM - 6 PM
Friday, Oct. 21 @ 10 AM - 2 PM
St. Peter's Mission Church
6210 Mt. Baker Hwy, Deming
Thursday, Oct. 27 @ 11 AM - 5 PM
onations will be accepted until Tuesday, Oct. 11:
First Christian Church
495 E. Bakerview, Bellingham
Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 9 AM - 1 PM
Important: park in gravel lot off Deemer Road entrance & ring doorbell at Learning Center
- New or in-great-condition warm winter coats and rain coats
- Not sure if it’s in-great-condition? Ask yourself, “would I feel good about giving this coat to my best friend?”
- Winter coats for children, teens, and adults
- Sizes XS-2XL+
- Styles for all genders
The Salvation Army Social Services Christmas Sign-Ups
Bellingham Salvation Army1515 Birchwood Avenue, Bellingham
Sign-ups are for children ages birth-14 years. Please bring the required documents listed below:
- I.D. for all adults in home
- Child/ren’s birth certificate(s)
- Proof of income for everyone in the home
- Proof of Whatcom address
For all programs listed above except the MBSD Holiday Assistance Program - Mount Baker School Disclaimer: The district does not sponsor or endorse this event/information and the district assumes no responsibility for it. In consideration of the privilege to distribute materials, the Mount Baker School District will be held harmless from any cause of action filed in any court or administrative tribunal arising out of the distribution of these materials, including costs, attorney’s fees and judgments or awards.