Hello Acme Families!
The 2021-22 school year is quickly approaching and I hope that you are all feeling as excited as I am to start a new school year together!
I am thrilled to be the new principal at Acme and look forward to getting to know you and your children this year. While I’ve only been at Acme for a couple of months, I can already tell it is an amazing community that has a big heart for kids and our school.
I will be communicating with you on a regular basis each Sunday afternoon through a family communication video sent via email and text. My first video will be sent out next Sunday, August 29th. Please be on the lookout for that communication as it will contain important back-to-school details.
If any of your contact information has changed since June, please call our office so we can update our system: (360) 383-2045.
I am also writing to you all today to invite you to our Back-to-School Social on Wednesday, September 1st from 2:30 PM -3:30 PM. We are so fortunate to be able to have an in-person event to welcome everyone back to school. This will be a time for you and your child(ren) to view their classroom, meet their teacher and say hello to friends and Acme staff.
Meeting in-person also means we have health and safety guidelines that must be followed:
- Masks or facial coverings that cover the mouth and nose must be worn by individuals ages 5 and up while indoors.
- Maintaining a 3 ft. or more physical distance from individuals outside of your household whenever possible.
- The majority of our social time will be held outside on the playground.
I ask that you please follow the guidelines in a respectful manner. Following these guidelines allows us to be together in-person which is a great thing for our community. Thank you!
Here is what to expect at the social:
- We will have class lists posted in front of the school and staff members on hand to help you figure out who your child’s teacher is.
- You and your child(ren) can enter the building and view their classroom.
- Teachers will be stationed at the back of the school at tables waiting to greet you and share any pertinent information about their class with you.
See you soon,
Principal, Acme Elementary