Have you or your student read a book that you think would be a great read for 4-6th grade students? Do you want to help choose books that will be included in the Sasquatch Challenge next year? If so, please participate in the Mount Baker Book Awards - we'd love your recommendations!
Please use the MBBA recommendation form (paper copies are available in the library) to submit your recommendation.
Here is some initial information about the MBBA:
- 5 to 10 books will be selected.
- Books can be from our current collection or not, and it doesn’t matter when it was published - as long as it doesn’t contain offensive or bias content.
- Nominated titles will be split up, read, and presented to the committee for judging .
- Committee will consist of teachers and librarians.
- Considerations will include:
- Reading enjoyment
- Reading level
- Interest level
- Genre representation (all genre’s welcome)
- Washington State interest
- Effectiveness of expression
The titles selected this spring will be added to our list of Sasquatch, Young Reader’s Choice Award Junior and Otter nominees for 2022-2023 Sasquatch Challenge. All book recommendations need to be submitted by April 15, 2022.
We look forward to seeing all the great suggestions from our Mount Baker community!