Summer Activities and Camp Options
YMCA Summer Camps - A variety of programs, including: Adventure Camp (grades 1-5 in the fall), Challenger Adventure Camp (grades 6-8), Girls on the Run, Trailblazers (running camps), Climbing Camp, and Youth Sports Camp.
- Learn more: call 360-733-8630 or visit https://www.whatcomymca.org/camps
Boys and Girls Club Summer Camp - Enrollment has begun! Referrals needed from teacher, principal, or FSC contact them if interested. An affordable way for kids in grades 3-8 from Kendall Elementary or MBJH to continue their learning over the summer while having fun. Transportation and breakfast/lunch are provided at no additional cost.
- When & Where: Monday-Thursday, June 27 - July 28, 9 AM - 2:30 PM at Kendall Elementary
EWRRC Kids Dayz of Summer - In partnership with Common Threads Farm! Nutritious breakfast and lunch served during all program days. Come cook with Common Threads Farm, learn crafts, and spend time outdoors being active. For ages 5-17 years (drop off ok for ages 5 years and older, children less than 5 years must come with an adult).
- When: Monday-Thursday, July 5 - August 4, 10 AM - 2 PM
- Pre-register now: call EWRRC 360-599-3944 or go to https://tinyurl.com/KidsDayz2022 to reserve a spot
Wild Whatcom - All-day outdoor adventures; mentor-facilitated learning and discovery. Wilderness skills including carving, fire-making, harvesting, navigation, tracking, and more! For grades 1-9* with a maximum of 12 participants (*grades 1-5 are full and have a waitlist).
- When: Weekdays, 3 days to 5 days
- Learn more: https://www.wildwhatcom.org/summer-camps
Gabriel Art Kids - Each session is two weeks long, for grades 5-6 in the fall. Cost is $595 per session.
- Session 1: Monday-Friday, July 5-16, 10 AM - 2 PM
- Session 2: Monday-Friday, July 19-30, 10 AM - 2 PM
- Session 3: Monday-Friday, August 2-13, 10 AM - 2 PM
- Learn more: https://www.gabrielsartkids.com/summer-camp.html
The Firs - Summer Camp and Day Camps available.
- Learn more: https://www.fircreekdaycamp.org/
Adventure Quest - A week-long, live-action, role-playing experience that is fun and extraordinary taking place in local parks in Bellingham. For ages 6 and up.
- When: Monday-Friday, 10 AM - 3 PM
- Learn more: https://questnorthwest.com/kids-camps/summer-camps-bellingham-wa/
Bellingcamp (B’ham Parks and Rec) - Each day includes a variety of exciting activities, swimming, arts and crafts, snacks, games, and more! For ages 6-12 years old.
- When & Where: 8 AM - 5:30 PM at Bloedel Donovan Park
- Learn more: https://allevents.in/bellingham/bellingcamp/200022355774029
Community Events and Resources
Summer Meal Resources - Visit the Child Nutrition webpage for more information.
SNAP Market Match - This program matches Basic Food benefits (SNAP/EBT/Food Stamps) and Pandemic-EBT (P-EBT) dollar-for-dollar for up to $40 in fresh produce per shopper per day. To get Market Match you must already have basic food benefits and/or P-EBT. The limit is $40 per card, so shoppers can use BOTH EBT and P-EBT cards on each trip to the market. Participating vendors include the Bellingham Farmers Market, Birchwood Market, and the Twin Sisters Market. Happening Saturdays, June - October; now at two locations:
- North Fork Library, 7506 Kendall Rd, Saturdays, 10 AM - 2 PM
- Deming Quick Stop, 4985 Mt. Baker Hwy, Saturdays, 9 AM - 3 PM
DSHS Bellingham CSO - Applications can be done over the phone or online; interviews can be done on the phone too.
- Learn more: call 877-501-2233, open 8 AM - 3 PM
St Peter's Mission - Lots of clothes have been donated, furniture and household items too! Diapers, feminine care items, and pet food are just some of the items available. All items are free to families.
- When & Where: Thursdays, 3 PM - 5 PM at 6210 Mt. Baker Hwy, Deming
Back to School Mount Baker School District Events
Ice Cream Socials & Class Lists
- All Elementary Schools, August 30, time TBA
- Entering Junior High (7th grade orientation), August 30, time TBA
- Entering High School (9th grade orientation), August 30, time TBA